Revised: July 11, 2018
This Privacy Statement applies to all Websites owned and operated by Ceribell, Inc. (“Ceribell,” “we,” “us,” “our”), including our website at www.ceribell.com and our EEG portal at eeg.ceribell.com (“Websites”).
This Privacy Statement describes how Ceribell collects and uses the information that is gathered from your use of the Websites. By using the Websites you consent to the terms of the most recent versions of this Privacy Statement.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
Personal Information You Submit Voluntarily
In some places on our Websites, you may elect to send us personal information to participate in an activity or to receive certain information. For example, you may register for access to online training modules. Ceribell collects personal information that you enter into data fields and submit to our Websites. Personal information collected may include personal identifiers like your name, email or mailing address, business affiliation and title, phone number, or other data that could reasonably be linked back to you.
How Does Ceribell use Personal Information
Ceribell may keep and use personal information collected from you through our Websites to provide you with access to parts of our Websites. We may also use your personal information to issue Training Completion certificates to you or to your organization or to provide access information when requested by you or your organization. Ceribell does not share personal information collected from our Websites with any unrelated third- parties except as provided in the Disclosure of Data section below.
Non-Personal Data and Usage Data Collected Automatically
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Websites and services.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How Does Ceribell Use Non-Personal Information
Ceribell Inc. uses the collected non-personal data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Websites
- To notify you about changes to our Websites
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Websites and services
- To monitor the usage of our Websites and services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Disclosure of Data
Ceribell may disclose your information (including personal information):
- as required by law or applicable regulations, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when necessary to protect our rights, protect you or others from threats of imminent harm, investigate fraud or other activity in violation of the law, or respond to a government request;
- to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations;
- to protect the security and reliability of our Websites, products, or services;
- in connection with the sale, merger, bankruptcy, sale of assets, or reorganization of our company. We will take reasonable steps to assure that any other entity involved continues to comply with the terms of this Privacy Statement. We will notify you of any changes of ownership or transfer of assets by posting notices on our Websites.
Security of Data
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. The opt-out browser add-on can be found here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Other Sites
Our Websites may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's site. We strongly advise you to review the Privacy Statement of every site you visit.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Websites do not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Privacy Statement on this page.
We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our Websites, prior to the change becoming effective and update the "effective date" at the top of this Privacy Statement.
You are advised to review this Privacy Statement periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Statement are effective when they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us:
2483 Old Middlefield Way, Suite 120
Mountain View, CA 94043